State of the state
Yesterday I got up and ran 4 miles, went to the gym, did 23 minutes in the sauna walking in place, then ran 5 more miles in the evening. I was running with mentor Rasha Prince last night and told her that when I first decided to do Badwater again this year, it was going to be "just for me." TNT takes a lot of time from Coach Murray and myself, and I wanted to do something that was "just about the running."
For whatever reason, I decided I just couldn't pass on the chance to make the race a big deal. It took maybe a day to set up all the logistics of making it a fundraiser and setting up this blog. But now I've found myself motivated again to be honest and accountable...more than I would have been if training on my own.
So, here's where we're at:
Starting weight: 206.5
Current weight: 203.5 (-3)
Long run: 35 (at the L.A. Marathon)
Last week's miles: 60
The target is to be at 180 on race day, or earlier if I can get there. It'll make the rest of my training that much easier the faster I can get down. I'll be weighing in first thing every Monday morning.
Oh, yes. At this point, I rarely turn down the offer of a run on the Westside, so if you want to go for a nice slow one and ask me questions, you can always send me an email.
For whatever reason, I decided I just couldn't pass on the chance to make the race a big deal. It took maybe a day to set up all the logistics of making it a fundraiser and setting up this blog. But now I've found myself motivated again to be honest and accountable...more than I would have been if training on my own.
So, here's where we're at:
Starting weight: 206.5
Current weight: 203.5 (-3)
Long run: 35 (at the L.A. Marathon)
Last week's miles: 60
The target is to be at 180 on race day, or earlier if I can get there. It'll make the rest of my training that much easier the faster I can get down. I'll be weighing in first thing every Monday morning.
Oh, yes. At this point, I rarely turn down the offer of a run on the Westside, so if you want to go for a nice slow one and ask me questions, you can always send me an email.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home