Monday, March 14, 2005

Wow!

This week has been really amazing. In just one week, I had 58 people jump online and donate to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. THANKS! It really motivates not only me and Coach Murray, but also Red, and the other mentors to hear that you've valued the program so much.

I will be writing and/or calling ALL OF YOU in the near future to say thanks personally.


TRAINING...

Got a couple of good 9-10 milers in mid-week, but by Saturday, I couldn't find anyone who wanted to run long, so I decided to just get up and go on my own. The donations got my butt out of bed, and I ended up having a great run all by myself. So I drove up to a trailhead off of Sullivan Canyon in Pacific Palisades.

By chance, I met another ultrarunner, Carol Mortier, who was up early and getting her 4-hour run in before work. She's a semi-retired ultrasound specialist, and we chugged up the first fireroad nice and slow. After we split, I did a long out and back over to Trippett Ranch, which is all the way over in Topanga Canyon.

The best thing about running on your own: you set the pace. I walked when I needed to. I ran when I felt like it. The weather was perfect. It was quiet. The ground was still soft from all the winter rain. I've started bringing the iPod, but always hold out for the return trip before I turn it on. It's quite eerie sometimes how the random play fits your mood.

Recap for this week: down just a little, but good. Gotta give up the cheddar, man. It's one of my weaknesses. :(

Starting weight: 206.5
Current weight: 203.0 (-.5)
Long run: 27
Last week's miles: 54

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home