Monday, May 02, 2005

Looking for a Venue...

As part of my fundraising effort, I'm looking for someplace where I can screen the 'Running on the Sun' documentary for a group...sometime in June would probably be best. My hope was to show the DVD, then a race review with some of my own photos, and some Q & A. If anyone

What would work best would be someplace with a DVD / Computer hookup (like a corporate screening room) of some kind, because I could then play the DVD from my computer and do the slideshow from there too! Preferably somewhere on the Westside!

If anyone has such a place that I could use for a couple hours one night, please drop me a note at greg@theminters.com.

Weekly recap:

I had some really good runs this week; my rest week last week seems to have been well-timed. I'm finally into the 70s. I ran 29 on Sat., and felt really strong at the end. The first 21 I did with Chris Wilno, someone I met through TNT. Chris lost his Pop to a blood cancer not too long ago, and is training to do his second marathon at Rock'n'Roll this summer. Super nice guy, and his wife will be walking the marathon this summer too! This was his first trail run, but I think I've made a convert!

Starting weight: 206.5
Current weight: 191.5 (-15)
Long run: 29
Last week's miles: 73

With a little over 2 months to go, I'm confident I can get down to my target 180 lbs. Of course, the closer you get, the harder it is. But I've dropped 15 of my goal 25, so I'm very pleased.

Wild Wild West

Looks like I couldn't scare up anyone else who wanted to go to Lone Pine next weekend for the Wild, Wild West marathon, so I'll probably just run in the Santa Monicas next week instead, but longer (say 35 or so). If anyone ever wants to run part of a run, please let me know! I love to have company, and will try to set up my course to I can run with you. Don't worry about being too slow, I go nice and easy, and even walk when I feel the need!

Bishop 50 Miler

I've confirmed my entry in this race. This is a non-negotiable event, and I'm really looking forward to it...coming up in 3 weeks, and one of the tougher 50m in Calif.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home