Monday, March 21, 2005

Media Frenzy

In the media:

Christine Ernst Bode sent me a link to a short NY Times article about the guy who won BW last year: A Runner's Quest for the Ache of Life. He just finished writing a book called Ultramarathon Man: Confessions of an All-Night Runner, so there's lots of media coverage lately.

The author of the article, Kirk Johnson, is a past BW finisher, featured in the Running on the Sun video. He wrote a great book about the experience, called To The Edge: Man, Death Valley, and the Mystery of Endurance. This is a great book if you're interested in the subject.

On Sunday, March 27, @ 7:00pm, 60 Minutes on CBS will have a feature on the winners of the past two Badwater races. Leslie Stahl profiles Dean Karnazes and Pam Reed (yep, Pam won 2 years in a row!).

Latest training update:

All good so far. Got all my gym time and sauna time in. I did a long run of 30 miles on Saturday, without any foot pain. I have a nerve in my foot that gets inflamed sometimes, but Coach Murray's wife gave me a stretch that fixes it!

I met some friends about 6 miles into the run, and did the middle 15 with them. We ended up down by PCH at one point, and stopped in for a turkey sandwich after 4 hours! About 7 hours of running in drizzle, but the mountains were green and beautiful.

Followed with 9 easy on Sunday with the team. I'm down 3 pounds for the week:

Starting weight: 206.5
Current weight: 200.0 (-6.5)
Long run: 30
Last week's miles: 61

Next week, I'm doing a run called Pier to Peak, which I'll talk more about soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home