Monday, May 16, 2005

Venue Secured for 'Running on the Sun'

Well, my friends are coming through. Kyle Donnelly ran her first marathon at L.A. as part of our Team in Training group. She asked her bosses if we could use the theater in their building (formerly owned by Universal), to show the documentary, which they have graciously consented to!

WHAT: RUNNING ON THE SUN
WHEN: Thursday, June 2, 7:30pm
WHERE: 100 N. Crescent Dr.

Click here for a map

From the westside, go east on Wilshire to Crescent, left on Crescent, then right into the first driveway, under the Clarity Partners, L.P. building.

PARKING IS FREE!!!!

There'll be no charge to get in, but I'll leave a donation jar by the door. Maybe $5?

I will bring bottled water for everyone, but no food allowed in the theater.

IMPORTANT! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED:

  • Please email me: greg@theminters.com

  • In your subject, put: RUNNING ON THE SUN

    The theater holds 114, so I'd like to get an idea of how many might attend.

    The Numbers

    This week, I got 6 days in, but nothing too long. I was trying to let my achilles' heel rest, but still a little tight. I think I'm going to have to do some massage on it.

    Starting weight: 206.5
    Current weight: 189.0 (-17.5)
    Long run: 26
    Last week's miles: 62

    Actually, when I got home from my long run, which I did on Sunday, I was down to 184.0, which means I got way behind. Bad. It was somewhere in the 90s on the run, which sounds hot, until you think it's going to be 30 degrees hotter at the race. :)

    This week, I'm off to Bishop for a tough 50 miler on Saturday. Will let you all know how it goes!
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home